Friday, March 23, 2012

Out and About in Ñuñoa

Saturday morning Henry and I took my parents down to our old neighborhood. We were headed to see the feria (veggie market) that I so loved, our old apartment and one of our favorite places in Santiago- Barrio Italia. 
 


 I stopped in to see my favorite vendor. I always bought my veggies from her. She was so so sweet.
  
Good old Gato Sucio. ('Dirty Cat' -for whatever reason that was the name of our apartment.)

Down to Barrio Italia. 

Dad found a new toy. Yes it worked and yes it was loud. 

If only we had a ship to bring all these cool finds back with us.  



    
After our stroll through Ñuñoa we met Gonzalo and Pamela (our new flatmates) for lunch. The best part was the cotton candy for dessert. 



2 comments:

  1. Three things I love:
    1. you can hug your favorite vendor.
    2. the chandeliers! Sure you can't send me one?
    3. The cotton candy photo. US restaurants should serve cotton candy on a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!!!! Oh how I wish you could easily mail some of those wonderful finds.....and who could argue with cotton candy on a plate....

    ReplyDelete