Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why we love Saturdays and Wednesdays

Every Saturday and Wednesday morning, less than a block from our flat is this 200 foot stretch of freshness, deliciousness and color.

Every week I'm learning to buy less and less because whenever I go I come down with a severe case of 'My eyes are bigger than my stomach'. Everything just looks so delicious (and is) but there's only so much room in a small south american fridge shared by 7 people. Just because the sign sells one kilo of grapes doesn't mean we need a whole kilo because I would probably already have in my bag oranges, plums, carrots, celery, bananas, avocado, tomatoes and apples.  (Thats a little over 2 lbs of grapes for about $1.10)  But since we get it two days a week I simply have to remind myself to buy less but go twice.

Just one of the many reasons we love living here.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! It all looks so delicious! I wish you could hear Uncle Dwight's story about buying over a hundred bananas for a dollar when he lived in south america. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete